Brazilian star found guilty of rape

Brazilian star found guilty of rape

The forward, 33, has reportedly been found guilty of sexual assault while at a Milan disco on January 22, 2013.

The Brazilian, now 33, is currently playing in his homeland with Atletico Mineiro.

A statement posted on his official Instagram account also says: "'We would like to clarify that he has already defended himself against the accusations, affirming that he did not participate in the episode", said a statement posted on Robinho's Instagram feed.

The Brazilian was found guilty of assaulting a 22-year-old Albanian woman in a Milan nightclub alongside five other Brazilians in a court in the northern city on Thursday (23 November).

More news: New iPhone SE will release in the second half of 2018

He however has the right of appeal and until the process is followed, the sentence can not take effect. The whereabouts of Robinho's five companions is not known, so their trial has been put on hold.

"Every legal measure is being taken about this first ruling".

If he loses the appeal he would could be extradited to serve prison time in Italy.

As Robinho is a Brazilian national now residing in his home country, however, he is highly unlikely to face jail time for his offences.

More news: Facebook to Show Users Which Russian Propaganda They Followed

Prior to that, Robinho spent two years at Manchester City between 2008 and 2010 where he made 41 Premier League appearances, scoring 14 domestic goals for the club.

His time in England, though, was not as successful and he was later moved on to the San Siro for less than half of City's initial outlay, making them just £15m when he departed.

Robinho moved to Europe amid much hype in 2005 when he joined Real Madrid from Santos.

The attacker did go on to win the Serie A title with the Italian side, teaming up with Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Antonio Cassano to conquer the division.

More news: California moves to block national park fee increases

Robinho had previously been accused of sexual assault while at City in 2009 but was later cleared.

Related Articles

  • Dancing with the Stars Revealed a Major Twist for Next Season!

    Dancing with the Stars Revealed a Major Twist for Next Season!

    But they recovered to get flawless scores for four dances over two days to end the show. "We're not getting judged [or] scored". It was all even between the pairs as they geared up for their final performances , which were "24 Hour Fusion Dances".
    Agung Volcano in Bali Threatens to Erupt

    Agung Volcano in Bali Threatens to Erupt

    Indonesia lies on the Pacific "Ring of Fire", where tectonic plates collide, causing frequent volcanic and seismic activities. There has been no change to an evacuation zone around the volcano , which extends between 6-7.5 kilometres from the summit.
    MS-13 Gang Beheaded Victim - Cut out His Heart, Say Maryland Police

    MS-13 Gang Beheaded Victim - Cut out His Heart, Say Maryland Police

    The informant told police that Lopez-Abrego was the first person to stab the victim, thrusting a 15-inch knife into the chest. Lopez-Abrego was arrested after being found by law enforcement in North Carolina on November 11, officials say.
  • Christmas tree shortage may lead to higher prices this year

    Christmas tree shortage may lead to higher prices this year

    At least three thousand Christmas trees of various types are growing on their land; 600 alone are planted in their front yard. According to a report from GWD Forestry, the shortage of popular-sized trees could last until 2025 .
    Trump takes dig at Obama during turkey pardon

    Trump takes dig at Obama during turkey pardon

    President Trump will pardon two turkeys in a Rose Garden ceremony tomorrow in a Thanksgiving White House tradition. As for "strut style", Drumstick does his thing "tall and proud" and Wishbone's more of a "strong shuffle".
    The explosion at a mosque in Nigeria killed 30 people

    The explosion at a mosque in Nigeria killed 30 people

    Boko Haram has killed more than 20,000 people since waging an insurgency war in northeast Nigeria since 2009. The Islamist militant group Boko Haram is being blamed for a suicide bombing that occurred early Tuesday.
  • Second judge blocks Trump's transgender military ban

    Second judge blocks Trump's transgender military ban

    Garbis in Baltimore issued an injunction against Trump's order that recruitment of transgender military members stop in March. She said the administration had provided no solid evidence for why a ban should be implemented.
    Here's What You Need To Know About The Missing Argentine Submarine

    Here's What You Need To Know About The Missing Argentine Submarine

    In the "worst-case scenario", the missing sub could run out of oxygen in two days, said Argentine navy spokesman Enrique Balbi. The San Juan is a German-built, 65-meter long (213-foot) TR-1700 submarine, powered by one electric and four diesel engines.
    'Justice League' disappoints in U.S.  with $96 million opening

    'Justice League' disappoints in U.S. with $96 million opening

    Despite its "rotten" rating, Warner Bros. has at long last churned out a superhero movie that isn't just gloomy and complicated. Thor: Ragnarok came in at a close third place, taking in $21.8 million over the weekend in its now third week in theaters.
  • European researchers claim to have identified North Korea's list of targets

    European researchers claim to have identified North Korea's list of targets

    The latest USA sanctions still leave open the question of how far Trump is willing to go to bring North Korea to the table. On Monday, President Trump re-listed North Korea as a state sponsor of terrorism , a list from which President George W.
    Jose Mourinho refuses to blame Manchester United players for Basel defeat

    Jose Mourinho refuses to blame Manchester United players for Basel defeat

    Basel's late triumph created a complicated scenario ahead of the last round of games but United are still nearly assured of progressing.
    PNA suspends contacts with USA  over closure of PLO Washington office

    PNA suspends contacts with USA over closure of PLO Washington office

    Closing the PLO office may have been a strong-arm tactic to force the Palestinians to the negotiating table. A report Saturday said the Trump administration threatened to close down the group's office in Washington.